PAWS and THINK! has been fortunate to team up with some incredible charities and non-profit organizations since our launch in August 2017. Our first three organizations have been the Baltimore Humane Society, Maryland SPCA, and Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter (BARCS). Through our Charity of the Quarter program, we have been able to make contributions from our book proceeds to these wonderful organizations. We have had the pleasure of meeting many people that are so passionate about their work. Their mission to help animals in their communities is truly inspiring.
This quarter, we have decided to team up with an organization that is different from our previous selections. Although we have loved working with animal rescues, we are excited to work with our first organization that promotes children’s literacy. Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) is the “leading champion for children’s literacy, empowering millions of children to read, learn and grow.” Here are some remarkable facts about RIF:
· RIF is the nation's largest children's literacy nonprofit organization
· RIF’s highest priority is reaching underserved children from birth to age 8
· RIF provides 4 million children with 15 million new, free books and literacy resources each year
· RIF has distributed over 412 million books and impacted the lives of more than 40 million children nationwide
· RIF addresses the alarming literacy crisis in America today through strong leadership, quality content, and an active and engaged community
It is amazing to hear how RIF has helped children in our country. We love to see children enthusiastic about reading and we are excited to contribute to RIF’s initiatives. A portion of the proceeds from every PAWS and THINK! book sold this quarter (April 1st, 2018 through June 30th, 2018) will be donated to Reading Is Fundamental.
For more information about Reading Is Fundamental, please visit www.RIF.org